The Somervell County Courthouse is a simple two story structure featuring elements of Romanesque Revival and General Grant architectural styles in Glen Rose, Texas. It was built in 1893, late Victorian style with Native limestone construction.
County was organized in 1875 and named for General Alexander Somervell (1796-1854), Texas soldier, colonist, and statesman.
Court was first held in an old store across road from Barnard's Mill. A log cabin (1 block w) was used later. Third courthouse (first on this site) was finished in 1882 but burned in 1893, along with many valuable records. Present structure has a fireproof vault.
SPOTLIGHT Images: http://kodak.aminus3.com/image/2009-07-04.html
COLOR SPOTLIGHT Images: http://kodak.aminus3.com/image/2011-09-08.html
Apple iPhone 6s
50 mm (35mm equiv.)